UNISON’s welfare charity There for You has once more set up a fund to help members on low incomes towards the costs of school uniform through a one-off payment of £40 per child for up to 3 children. The fund is now open for applications.
All the information you need, application forms and guidance notes can be found on the main UNISON website.
Alternatively, contact UNISON Direct on 0800 0857 857 or the Branch on 01204 338901 for a form to be sent out in the post to you.
Who can apply for the grant?
- Anyone receiving Housing Benefit is eligible to apply.
- You can also apply if your annual household income (after tax, national insurance and UNISON subscriptions have been deducted) is £18,000 or below.
- Your membership needs to have started at least 4 weeks before 13th May 2019 (i.e. on or before 15th April 2019)
- Members and their partners must not have combined savings or rolling bank balance of more than £800. (Savings of any other adults in the household do not apply)
- You must not have received financial assistance from UNISON There for You during the previous six months (excluding winter fuel grant)
- Applications are limited to one per household and priority is given to those who have not previously received a school uniform grant
The closing date for applications is Friday 19th July 2019. Grants are awarded on a first come, first served basis and this scheme always receives many applications so we would advise members to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have any queries, please contact There For You on 0207 121 5620.