The People’s Assembly is co-ordinating a series of activist events in Manchester 2nd-5th October based around their key demands for a fairer society, and to protest the Tory party conference. Events will be centered around the Festival of Resistance in Piccadilly Gardens including:
- Kill the PCSC Bill
- Code Red – Climate Emergency
- Take Back The Power: Tories Out Cabaret
- NHS & Social Care in Crisis: where next?
- Wall of Sound – MAKE SOME NOISE OUTSIDE THE CONFERENCE
- Building the resistance: Trade unions & Grassroots
- End Fire & Rehire
- Jeremy Corbyn MP in conversation with Gary Younge
and a demonstration though Central Manchester on Sunday 3rd October.
UNISON Bolton will be running a coach from Bolton Town Centre to the demo – for details about how to book on, please see below.
“The Tories do not work for ordinary people, they work for the profits of the wealthy 1%. We’re a rich country and so we can have affordable housing, jobs, fully funded public services, schools and NHS.
Our strength is in our numbers and our organisation. So let’s unite against the Tories when they’re in Manchester for their annual conference. Let’s protest their corruption, cronyism and exploitation and come together to fight for social, economic, environmental, and international justice.”