Branch Membership

If any of the following change, please let us know as soon as possible:

  • employer
  • workplace (especially if relocating out of Bolton)
  • job title
  • hours or wages
  • if you go on long term sick, maternity/paternity/adoption leave or sabbatical and your wage decreases or stops
  • home address
  • contact phone number
  • email address

You can update most details using My UNISON or by emailing .

For possible changes to your subscription payments or any other queries you should contact the Branch on 01204 338901 or

REMINDER: we ask all members to check their bank account or wage slip every month to ensure your subs payment has been made. If 3 monthly payments are missed your membership will be cancelled which will mean we cannot help you if you need us!

Did you know…?

If you are made redundant or leave your job for any reason and you are not planning on retiring from work altogether, you can remain in UNISON as an unemployed member. This costs £4 per year for a  maximum of two years and must be applied for within 6 months of leaving your job.

Unemployed Membership Application Form


If you are retiring from all paid employment, are in receipt of a pension (work, state or any other) and have been a member of UNISON for at least 2 years before retiring then you can become a Retired member. This requires a one-off payment of £15 to the Branch for life membership.

Retired members application form